Sea Isle City, New Jersey Tourist Information
We've posted a boatload of information on Sea Isle City, broken into these categories:
2008 Summer Events | Weekly Events | Beach Info | Banks | Beach Tags | Boating | Community Services | Marinas, Fishing and Watersports | Boat Launching | Places of Worship | Public Restrooms | Recreation Areas | Transportation | More Activites | Biking/Skating | Historical Museum | Recreation Programs | Restaurants | Night Life | Movie Theaters | Golf Courses | Trash and Recycling | Island Map
2008 Summer Events
- 2/15 - Polar Bear Queen Contest, must pre-register to compete, LaCosta Lounge, JFK Blvd & Landis Avenue, 7:00pm
- 2/16 - 14th Annual Polar Bear Plunge, 41st Street beach, 2pm, registration $25.00, 10am-12pm, LaCosta Lounge, JFK Blvd & Landis Avenue, plunge 12 years and older. Costume Contest 12pm, post party, 2:30pm, Awards 3:00pm
- 5/26 - Memorial Day Ceremony, Veterans Park, JFK Blvd & Landis Avenue, 10am
- 6/13-15 - Skimmer Festival Weekend
- 6/13 - Dance Contest, Five Age Groups, 7pm
- 6/14 - Seaside Market, Live Entertainment, Food Court, 9am-4pm (rain or shine), Movie under the Starts, Dusk
- 6/15 - Antique Auto Show, 9am-1pm, Sand Sculpting Contest, 9am-12pm, Live music, Free Guided Trolley Tours, JFK and Landis Ave, 10:30am - 12:30pm, Awards Ceremony, 12:30pm, Antique Auto Parade, 1:30pm
- 6/16 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 6/17 - Pet Show Contest, 7:30pm
- 6/18 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 6/19 - Family Night Dance Party, 7:30pm
- 6/23 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 6/24 - Sara the Turtle Festival, 6-8pm (rain date: 6/26)
- 6/30 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 7/1 - Movies Under the Stars, Dusk
- 7/2 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 7/3 - Family Night Dance Party, 7:30pm
- 7/7 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 7/8 - Movies Under the Stars, Dusk
- 7/9 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 7/10 - Family Night Dance Party, 7:30pm
- 7/12 - Beach Patrol Mascot Races, 44th Street Beach, 10:30am-12:15pm, 263-3655
- 7/14 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 7/14 - Little Miss & Jr. Miss SIC Pageant, ages 5-8 and 9-12, Community Lodge, JFK Blvd & Park Road, 7:30pm
- 7/15 - Baby Parade, 12 years of age and under, Promenade, 34th to 44th Streets, start 6pm, (rain date: 6/17) Pre-Registration required
- 7/15 - Movies Under the Stars, Dusk
- 7/16 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 7/17 - Family Night Dance Party, 7:30pm
- 7/21 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 7/22 - Movies Under the Stars, Dusk
- 7/23 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 7/24 - Family Night Dance Party, 7:30pm
- 7/28 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 7/29 - Movies Under the Stars, Dusk
- 7/30 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 7/31 - Family Night Dance Party, 7:30pm
- 8/2 - 10 Mile Island Run, 44th Street Beach, 5:30pm, 263-3655
- 8/4 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 8/5 - National Night Out, 6pm, 263-4311
- 8/5 - Movies Under the Stars, Dusk
- 8/6 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 8/7 - Family Night Dance Party, 7: 30pm
- 8/11 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 8/12 - Movies Under the Stars, Dusk
- 8/13 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 8/14 - Family Night Dance Party, 7:30pm
- 8/18 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 8/19 - Movies Under the Stars, Dusk
- 8/20 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 8/21 - Family Night Dance Party, 7:30pm
- 8/25 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 8/26 - Movies Under the Stars, Dusk
- 8/27 - Concert, 7:30pm
- 8/28 - Family Night Dance Party, 7:30pm
- 9/12-14 - Family Fall Festival Weekend
- 9/12 - Dance Contest, Five Age Groups, 7pm
- 9/13 - Seaside Market, Live Entertainment, Food Court, 9am - 4pm (rain or shine), Movie Under the Stars, Dusk
- 9/14 - Antique Auto Show, 9am-1pm, Sand Sculpting Contest, 9am-12pm, Live Music, Free Guided Trolley Tours, JFK & Landis Avenue, 10:30am-12:30pm, Awards Ceremony, 12:30pm, Antique Auto Parade, 1:30pm
- 9/27 - Baby Boomers Rock n' Roll Revival Fundraiser with Jerry Blavat, LaCosta Lounge, JFK Blvd & Landis Ave, 8:30pm-1am
Weekly Summer Events
- Mondays and Wednesdays
- Free Summer Concerts Under the Stars, sponsored by the City and Tourism Commission, 7:30pm-9:00pm, 263-TOUR (June 16-August 27)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Guided Beachcombing, sponsored by the S.I.C. Environmental Commission, 29th Street Beach, 10am-11am, $1 Adults, $.50 children, 263-9643 (June 17-August 26)
- Free Family Night Dance Parties, sponsored by the City and Tourism Commission, 7:30pm-9:00pm, 263-TOUR (June 19-August 26)
City Ordinance requires that bathing and other beach related activities occur at the following designated areas.
- Protected Bathing Beaches
- 24th Street, 28th Street, 32nd Street, 34th Street, 38th Street, 40th Street, 43rd Street, 45th Street, 49th Street, 51st Street, 54th Street, 59th Street, 61st Street, 65th Street, 75th Street, 77th Street, 81st Street, 84th Street, 87th Street, 90th Street
- Rafting Beaches
- 24th Street, 28th Street, 34th Street, 40th Street, 45th Street, 51st Street, 59th Street, 65th Street, 75th Street, 81st Street, 87th Street
- Surfing Beaches
- 26th Street, 37th Street, 42nd Street, 48th Street, 53rd Street, 63rd Street, 74th Street, 82nd Street
- Volleyball Beaches
- (only 2 nets per beach) 25th Street, 30th Street, 53rd Street, 57th Street, 67th Street, 72nd Street, 88th Street
- Kayaking Beaches
- 30th Street, 56th Street, 79th Street
- Public Restrooms
- 32nd Street, 40th Street, 44th Street, 85th Street
- Sailboat Launching Beaches
- Between 20th Street and 22nd Street
Surf Fishing Beaches
Townsends Inlet Bridge area situated south of 93rd Street. Sea Isle City beaches situated north of 20th Street. Any beach are aadjacent to rock jetties not designated as a surfing or kayaking beach.
Beaches north of 20th Street have no designations. Activities such as surfing and volleyball are allowed on these beaches.
In order to operate a sailboat on a SEa Isle City beach, an owner is required to obtain a license from the municipal clerk. The decal issued during the licensing process must be dipsplayed on the right front hull of the vessel.
Beach tags are required for all beaches. They may be purchased at the Beach Tag Office on JFK Blvd, or from one of the beach badge inspectors on the beach.
Beaches are protected by lifeguards 10am to 5pm, Monday thorugh Friday and 10am to 5:30pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Flotation devices with a fin may not be used on a raft beach. Flotation devices with a fin, such as belly and body boards, may be used on the surfing beaches provided a leash is used and flippers are worn by the operator.
ATM Service Available at All Banks Area Code: 609
- 1st Bank of Sea Isle City 4301 Landis Ave. 263-8750
- Bank of America 6208 Landis Ave. 263-6261
- Crest Savings Bank 4415 Landis Ave. 263-4400
Beach Tags: Are Required for ALL BEACHES from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day
Tags May Be Purchased at:
The Beach Tag Office: 125 JFK Blvd, Sea Isle City
Daily - $4 Weekly (Sat. - Sat.) - $8
Season - $12 if purchased by May 15, then $15
Children under 12, no tag required
Wednesdays are FREE
Purchase by Mail: Beach Tag Director
City Hall, 4416 Landis Ave., Sea Isle City, NJ 08243
Forms available online at: www.sea-isle-city.nj.us/forms.asp
Rates may be subject to change
- Captain Robbins Old Sea Isle Blvd. 263-2020
- Gibson’s Marine Supply 42nd St. & Park Rd. 263-6540
- Harbor Outfitters 88th St. & The Bay, Pier 88 263-0805
- Red Dog Bait & Tackle 104 - 42nd St. 263-7914
- Sea Isle City Parasail 86th St. & The Bay 263-5555
- Sea Isle Water Sports 329 - 43rd Place 263-9100
- Starfish 42nd Place & The Bay 263-3800
- Ursula 42nd Place & The Bay 263-9326
- Beach Tag Office 125 JFK Blvd. 263-1771
- Beach Patrol Headquarters 44th St. & The Beach 263-3655
- Beach Patrol Sub-Station 85th St. & The Beach 263-2466
- Beachcombing Beaches 29th St. Beach, 94th St. Beach
- Chamber of Commerce 121 - 42nd St. 263-9090
- City Hall 4416 Landis Ave. 263-4461
- US Coast Guard Station 82nd St. & The Bay 263-5531
- Community Lodge 280 JFK Blvd. & Park Rd. 263-4461
- Historical Museum 4208 Landis Ave. 624-7929
- Italian - American Club 309 JFK Blvd. 263-9225
- Library 125 JFK Blvd. 263-8485
- Police Department 233 JFK Blvd. 263-4311
- Police Sub-Station 40th St. & Promenade 263-8900
- Post Office JFK Blvd. & Central Ave. 263-8878
- Recreation Office 346 - 42nd Place & The Bay 263-0050
- Tourism Commission 121 - 42nd St. 263-8687
- Tourist Information Center 40th St. & The Promenade, 10am - 8pm • May-Sept. 263-8900
- Townsends Inlet Civic Center 138 - 85th St.
- Veterans Park JFK Blvd. & Landis Ave.
- VFW Post #1963 301 JFK Blvd. 263-1711
- Yacht Club of Sea Isle City 4487 Venicean Rd. 263-7282
- Yacht Club of Townsends Inlet 87th St. & The Bay 263-2503
Marinas, Fishing and/or water sport rentals
- Larsen's Marina Old Sea Isle Blvd. 263-1554
- Minmar Marina Old Sea Isle Blvd. 263-2201
- Municipal Marina 42nd Place & The Bay 263-0009
- Pier 88 Marina 88th St. & The Bay 263-5260
- Sunset Pier 86th St. & The Bay 263-8174
$10 per day or $100 per season
7am - 7pm, Municipal Marina, 346 - 42nd Place
From 22nd St. to 20th St. Beach, Permit and Test Required
No launching of motorized boats or jet skis from any beach.
Boat Storage Information
Places of Worship
- Children’s Bread Deliverance Church, Call for weekly location 263-5958
- St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church 4308 Landis Ave. 263-8696
- Trinity Community Church 85th St. & Landis Ave. 263-3843
- United Methodist Church of Sea Isle City JFK Blvd. & Park Rd. 263-3353
- On The Promenade: 32nd St., 40th St., 44th St.
- Marina: 42nd Place & The Bay
- Dealy Field: 60th St. & Central Ave.
- Beachfront: 85th Street & the Beach
- Beachfront: 94th St. & Townsends Inlet Park
- Boat Launching Boulevard Bay Park, 42nd Place & The Bay
- Catamaran Launching From 22nd St. to 20th St. Beach
- JFK Boulevard Park South Side of JFK Blvd., between Landis Ave. & Central Ave.
- Dealy Field Playground, Tennis Courts & Skateboard Park, 59th St. to 63rd St. & Central Ave.
- Fishing Pier 59th St. & The Bay
- 85th St. Playground 85th St. & The Beach
- Tennis Courts 63rd St. & Central Ave., 263-6163
- Townsends Inlet Waterfront Park 94th St. & Landis Ave.
- Taxi Service Area Code: 399-9100
- Bus Schedule Information - NJ Transit Toll Free: 800-772-2222
- Ferry - Cape May-Lewes 643-3779
To Contact Sea Isle City Tourism and Development Commission call: 609-263-TOUR or email us at: [email protected]
- Tuesdays - 29th St. Beach, June 19 to August 28
- Thursdays - 94th St. Beach, June 21 to August 30
- Registration, Townsends Inlet Park Parking Lot
- Time: 10AM (Promptly!) - 11AM
- Cost: $1 Adults, $.50 Children 609-263-9643
Weekdays, 5AM - 3PM
Weekends, 5AM - Noon
Sea Isle City Historical Museum
"Memories of Days Gone By"
4208 Landis Ave. 609-624-7929
May - June Saturday, 10AM - 1PM
July - August Monday thru Saturday, 10AM - 1PM
Sept. - Oct. Saturday, 10AM - 1PM
Other times by appointment year-round
Free Guided Walking Tours by Appointment, 609-263-1772
Registration for Summer Programs at the Community Lodge
609-263-0050 June 16, 2007 9AM - 2PM
Aerobics, Bosu, Karate, Yoga, Trim and Tone,Tennis, Playground, O’Hara Football, Red Raider Football, Red Raider Wrestling, Counselor in Training, Private Basketball Training, Instructional & Intermediate Basketball, Men’s Basketball, Jr. & Sr. Girls’ & Boys’ Basketball, Elite Basketball, Bruno Basketball Camps, Wrestling, Shore Soccer, Carbonara Pro Soccer, Smart Soccer, UK Elite Soccer, Shore Baseball & Softball, Athlete Conditioning, Beach Lacrosse, Finncrosse, Boot Camps, Dance Camps, SAT Camps, Rugby Tournaments, Flyers & Phantoms “Hooked on Hockey” Clinic, Hockey Tournament, Jr. Olympics, Phillies Home Run Derby, Theatrical Workshop, Fireworks.
- 38th St. & Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-2320
- Andrea's Trattoria Italiana
- 4216 Park Rd.
- (609) 263-5001
- Angelo's Restaurant
- JFK Blvd. & Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-2845
- Azzurra Pizzeria
- 5012 Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-1868
- Basilico's Ristorante
- 27 - 43rd St.
- (609) 263-1010
- Bayside Grille
- 4210 Park Rd.
- (609) 263-6991
- Braca Cafe
- JFK Blvd. & Pleasure Ave.
- (609) 263-4271
- Brennan's Bayside
- 5000 Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-8881
- Busch's Seafood Restaurant
- 87th St. & Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-8626
- Carmen's Restaurant
- 43rd Place on The Bay
- (609) 263-3471
- Casino Pizza
- 4000 Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-2277
- DeNunzio's Brick Oven Pizza
- 3500 Boardwalk
- (609) 263-2600
- Lobster Loft Restaurant
- 42nd St. & The Bay
- (609) 263-3000
- Marie's Seafood Restaurant and Take-out
- 43rd St. & Park Rd. on The Bay
- (609) 263-3474
- Mike's Seafood Restaurant and Take-out
- 43rd St. & Park Rd. on The Bay
- (609) 263-1136
- O'Donnell's Pour House
- 3807 Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-5600
- 3915 Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-2903
- Spinner's Restaurant
- 38th St. & The Promenade
- Spinnaker Shops
- (609) 263-0544
- Steak Out
- 4005 Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-6200
- Sunset Pier
- 86th St. & The Bay
- (609) 263-5200
- The Bistro
- 63rd St. & Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-2217
- Valeries Place
- 5900 Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-5400
- Vince's Restaurant
- 25 JFK Blvd.
- (609) 263-4567
- Coffee Comedy
- 29 JFK Blvd.
- (609) 263-5282
- Dead Dog Saloon
- 39th & Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-7602
- Kix-McNutley's Lounge
- 6400 Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-6341
- LaCosta Lounge
- 40th St. & Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-3756
- Ocean Drive Bar & Restaurant
- 40th & Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-1000
- 3815 Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-3900
- Springfield Inn
- 43rd St. & Landis Ave.
- (609) 263-4951
Atlantic City Casinos
For Entertainment Information, contact the individual casino, or The Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority 609-348-7100
Casino Bus Trips, information and tickets:
Lion Tours, Daily door to door casino service. 609-399-6701
Call the listed places directly for more information, directions, admission fees (if any), hours. etc.
- Cape May County Park & Zoo
- Cape May Point Lighthouse
- Historic Cold Spring Village
- Wetlands Institute
- Hoyts Hamilton Common 14
- 4215 Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing
- Hoyts Strand 5
- 9th & Boardwalk, Ocean City
- Hoyts Stone Harbor 5
- 271 96th St., Stone Harbor
- Hoyts Towne 14
- Shore Mall, Egg Harbor Township
- Tilton 9 Theatres
- Tilton Shopping Center, Tilton Rd., Northfield
Nearby Public Golf Courses
- Avalon Golf Club
- Route 9, Swainton
- Ocean City Golf Course
- 26th Street & Bay Ave., Ocean City
- B. L. Englund
- 900 U.S. Highway No. 9N, Beesley’s Point
- Pines at Clermont
- 358 Kings Highway, Clermont
- Cape May National Golf Club
- Route 9 & Florence Ave., Erma
- Sand Barrens Golf Club
- 1765 Route 9 North, Swainton
- Heritage Links Golf Club
- 1375 Route 9, Palermo
- Shore Gate Golf Club
- 35 School House Lane, Ocean View
For comprehensive travel and tourism information visit:
- Sea Isle City Chamber of Commerce
- Cape May County Department of Tourism
- Cape May County Chamber of Commerce
- Southern Shore Region Tourism Council
Please observe our Mandatory Recycling Laws
What should be recycled?
- Paper: newspapers, magazines, junk mail and corrugated cardboard.
- Glass: food and beverage bottles and jars.
- Plastic Bottles: food and beverage; soap, detergent, and health/beauty aid containers that have the symbols 1 or 2 imprinted on the bottom.
- Aluminum & Steel (Tin) Cans: soda, beer, fruit, vegetable, pet food and other food and beverage cans and EMPTY aerosol cans (except paint).
- Paper: Place in paper grocery bag.
- Bottles and Cans: Place rinsed recyclables together in one reusable container marked “RECYCLABLES.”
- Do not place recyclables in plastic bags.
For more information, call the Recycling Coordinator at (609) 263-6375